Associate Vice Chancellor - Cooperative Education
About the Opportunity
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor, the Associate Vice Chancellor of Cooperative Education is responsible for maintaining, growing & improving the cooperative education experience for Northeastern University's co-op community across all colleges and campuses. The Associate Vice Chancellor act as a leadership liaison between the Office of the Chancellor and co-op directors and assistant deans overseeing the college co-op communities. The Associate Vice Chancellor engages with the college co-op teams to strategize growth and improvement for co-op, identify issues and problem-solve, and engage with and support employer partners participating in co-operative education and other experiential pathways.
The Associate Vice Chancellor acts as a central point-of-content for all things co-op for students, employers, and academic partners. This includes leading broad communications initiatives for co-op with students and employers to ensure consistent processes and procedures, continuous improvements and optimization. The Associate Vice Chancellor also works in collaboration with the Registrar's Office, Office of Global Services, Office of General Counsel, and the Career Design and Employer Engagement Office, as well as other university stakeholders, to support daily operations of the co-operative education program and the long-term strategic aims for the program.
Strong leadership, collaboration, and communications skills, demonstrated experience working effectively with students, colleges, and external constituents in a co-op setting, and demonstrated examples of innovating and optimizing a robust and dynamic co-op environment. Leadership experience in a progressive, student/career focused co-operative education environment with expertise in emergent experiential learning opportunities and insights. Knowledge of industry trends and experience collaborating with companies and organizations, domestically and internationally, to provide real world' experience for others. Detail-oriented, deadline-oriented, multi-tasker that can lead time-sensitive, mission-critical projects and work collaboratively & effectively across university divisions to mediate issues and solve problems expediently. Knowledge and skills required for this position are normally acquired through a master's degree from an accredited college or university plus at least five to seven years of experience in a co-operative education-based experiential education setting, leading & supporting co-op programs, with a track record of accomplishments and innovation.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
1) Co-Op Engagement with Colleges & Campuses
- Act as the cooperative education steward, subject matter expert, and liaison with the entire co-op community for the Office of the Chancellor regarding all things related to the student co-op experience.
- Work towards building a coherent, comprehensive, cohesive co-operative education ecosystem that serves the needs and interests of the entire university and our employer partners.
- Chair co-op directors meeting, set agendas, involve institutional stakeholders in support of continuous improvements, identify problems, resolve issues, coordinate efforts towards institutional best practices, mediate partnership concerns and issues, and act as the OTC link to university leadership for the co-op community.
- Engage with stakeholders and partners (OGS, ITS, OGC, etc.) and provide guidance and expertise to ensure smooth operation of programs, processes, technology platforms (NuWorks, Handshake), co-op data reporting, and communications; and participate with leadership in development of high-level institutional goals and objectives for the co-op program.
- Work with academic programs to better understand needs and opportunities for relevant experiential pathways (Co-op, XN, internships).
2) Employer Engagement and Outreach
- Promote and advance the value statement of cooperative education with students & parents, staff and faculty, alumni, and employer partners.
- Lead efforts to optimize onboarding process for employer partners participating in co-op and other institutional experiential options.
- Lead a proactive outreach effort with employers and organizations (domestic and globally) to increase partnerships, offer emergent and relevant experiential opportunities, & establish Northeastern University as a key talent broker to access in-demand rising professionals from our academic programs.
3) Communications, Service, and Support
- Provide senior leadership with timely & regular updates on progress toward goals and accomplishments for the Co-op platform. Act as the OTC point-of-contact for Co-op platform support and work with ITS to manage the Co-op platform.
- Ensure policies and processes are properly documented, concisely and consistently, and effectively applied across colleges.
- Serve on university committees and working groups and lead special projects as needed.
- Develop, implement, and constantly refine learner-facing & employer-facing communication, services, and success/support initiatives.
- Annually distribute scholarships funds from Advancement to co-op participants across the institution.
4) Data Reporting
- Establish comprehensive, integrated, and distributed reporting strategy across units to ensure data collection is actionable, informative and aimed at continuous improvement.
- Develop and execute surveys that keep the pulse on both student and employer experiences and lead to action.
- Utilize industry and university data-insights, trends, and forecasts to inform strategy and take action.
- Assess learner success, persistence, and satisfaction data to improve support resources and guide program planning for a better student/employer experience.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://northeastern.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/careers/job/Boston-MA-Main-Campus/Associate-Vice-Chancellor---Cooperative-Education_R116015
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency